Day 6



Link to my Site


The use of Google sites has been a great tool for presenting not only work for the students, but a good preview for parents when helping with subject selection for the following year.

When I first started using Sites I felt a little over welmed but within a couple of hours with the help of a Manakalani crew I now feel confident in using this application. 

A good lesson I have learned.

It is helpful if each area of a department works on their own site, this will prevent the lost material and un doing of each others work.

I am really glad we did the show and tell on sites today. It was great having a look around other sites to get a gage on how our sites are progressing . There are plenty of great sites out there and find the simplier the site the better.

I think it is very important that the pages aren't to busy.



  

Comments

  1. Kia ora Mike,
    Great to see you have found some value in exploring the use of Google Sites and specifically the application of this in your own school. It's also wonderful to hear your confidence is growing as in my opinion, this tool has one of the greatest potential to amplify great teaching practice and cater for a wide range of needs and personalities within our classrooms. It's great also that you are sharing your reflection on how departments can best ensure a user-friendly experience with Google Sites - it's so disheartening to have your hard work undone! This will be a great practice heading forward for your school, I'm sure. Well done on putting some clear thought into creating sites that are functional and user-friendly for your lucky students.
    Amie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 DFI MY

Day 1 DFI